Institut für Informatik
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Prof.-Dr. Koch and his group reside on the main campus of Kiel University in the Department of Computer Science which is located in Hermann-Rodewald-Straße 3.
There are different ways to reach us:
- Take a train to Kiel central railway station ('Kiel Hauptbahnhof'). See next paragraph how to go on.
Arriving at the Kiel central railway and the long-distance bus terminal ("ZOB")
- If you want to use a taxi it it will drive you to the university in about 10 minutes.
- If you want to take the bus, you will find the bus stop directly in front of the central railway station in the street 'Sophienblatt'. If you arrived by the airport-shuttle bus "Kielius", you have to walk approximately 200 meters to the right around the central station.
- You may either take bus no 61/62 from busstop B2 (direction 'Projensdorf') or bus no 81 from busstop D1 (direction Botanischer Garten) or bus 1/92 from busstop B1 (direction 'Friedrichsort') Your stop is called 'Universität' or 'Universität Westring'. It takes about 15 minutes.
Visitors, arriving by car
- Leave the motorways A7 at 'Bordesholmer Dreieck' and drive on the motorway A215 to Kiel. Take the exit 'Kiel-Mitte' and follow the signage to 'Universität' which will lead you on the bypass 'Olof-Palme-Damm' and later on the 'Westring'.
- The university campus is at the crossing 'Westring-Olshausenstr'.
- Parking is available 100m after the crossing on the right hand-side in the public university parking area.
Visitors, arriving by plane at regional airport Kiel ('Kiel-Holtenau')
- There is a small airport in Kiel 'Kiel-Holtenau' operating some national connection flights to Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt and Cologne. There is a bus connection from the airport to the university.
- Using a taxi takes about 15 minutes from the Kiel airport to the campus.
Visitors, arriving by plane at Hamburg international airport ('Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel')
- The easiest way to go to Kiel from airport Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel is the Kiel-Hamburg airport shuttle bus 'Kielius'. A direct connection from Hamburg airport terminal 1 and 3/4 to Kiel central railway station is operated hourly. The ride takes about 90 minutes. Go on like 'by train'.
Location of our building and offices
- Our building is 'Hermann-Rodewald-Str. 3' which is marked red in the following sketch.
- In the 1st floor are our offices (rooms 301 - 309a) in building 'Hermann-Rodewald-Str. 3' which is marked red in the following sketch. The building is behind the white/blue tower block ("Hochhaus").